1.31.2012

{my DIY extravaganza}

I'm usually complaining when I talk about my work schedule, but lately, I've really been loving it...the advantages of working 12-hour-shifts means that I only work 3-4 days a week. With this crazy beautiful Spring weather we've been having in Oxford and my addiction  healthy love of Pinterest, I've been making the most of my days off. 

I've really loved doing these...it's been my therapy lately, if you will. Not only have I enjoyed exercising my crafting muscles, I've also been blessed with sweet friends who love to craft, too...so we've had quite a few crafting dates lately--and if you know me, you know I love when friends come together over coffee (or a glass of wine) and a hot glue gun. 


I'm gonna link up with From Mrs. to Mama today to show off a few little DIY happies!



Want to see a few of my recent projects?

First up...my favorite. Favorite, favorite, favorite. I love this Valentine's wreath SO much!
I used a few different tutorials off of Pinterest, but this is the one I followed the closest! 
The Roseland Family blog (visit here)

And I think my favorite detail may be the little pearl pins I used to secure them--which happened by accident, because I couldn't find plain straight pins and stumbled upon these! And thank you, Nicole, for snagging me the heart shaped styrofoam wreath--you're the best!

Next up-- the easiest craft ever, by the way...
This is the little project Nicole and I worked on...it literally took about 3 minutes to create, but it's super cute! DIY Heart Map... I ended up doing two hearts--the top holds my hometown and Oxford, where I live now, and the bottom is Jackson, where I used to live, and Madison, where Andrew's hometown. I love the sentiment behind it!

I seriously love this one...easy peasy, again: DIY Earring Holder
I got the cheese grater at WalMart for less than 3 bucks, used a can of fab apple green spray paint that I already had, and decorated it with all of my favorite earrings! Simple, chic, practical, and SO cute...just my style!

You know I love me some holidays, right? Well, Valentine's Day is no exception...Valentine Apothecary Jars!
I got these apothecary jars from Sears.com...random, but they were on sale after Christmas so I snatched them up! Filled them up with our favorite colorful Valentine treats and added a little sparkle and glitter in pink and red, and voila! A festive addition to our coffee table!

Last up for today is a little bit of my favorite pattern and a pinch of glitter...does it get better?
My loving, caring, doting engineer of a boyfriend mapped out my Chevron striped canvas for me and even painted the background--guess he was wanting a little DIY time, too! I added some ModgePodge and silver/gold glitter to this little beauty and I must say, I really like how it turned out! I'm looking forward to adding this to my gallery wall (if I ever get it started!) I think it'll add a great pop of color and sparkle...and it's Chevron, hello--can't go wrong!

All of these ideas and projects are on my Pinterest page, if you get the creative itch! I kid you not--these were all quite easy to do, and (I may be biased but...) I think they turned out great!

Well girls, that's all I've got for you today. Martha Stewart signing off here...I'm off to enjoy my cup of coffee and last night's Gossip Girl, ahhh another day off! And yes, I've got a few projects up my sleeve for today...stay tuned for those!

Happy Tuesday, chicks! I sure hope your days are wonderful.

I'll leave you with my favorite Bible verse...
                                                                                                                   Source: redletterwords.com via Rachel on Pinterest

31 comments:

CALLIE said...

Love, Love, Love all of your projects! That wreath is adorbs. Go girl!

Faison said...

I'm in love with all of your DIY projects!

Lauren said...

SO SO VERY cute!!!!! All of it!! Wish we could have a craft day together!!! :)

Love Jones said...

Your projects are gorgeous! Im going to try to make that heart to hang on our front door! Love the jars as well!

meghan said...

Oh girl, I LOVE the cheese grater as an earring holder. I might need to do this. =)

xoxo,
megs [at] Shine On

it's the last day to enter my giveaway!
check it out here

Valerie Griffin said...

all SO cute!

Legally Lovely said...

Wow - you've been crafting a lot lately! I especially love the Valentine's wreath!

Leslie @ A Blonde Ambition said...

Gracious, you are talented! You have inspired me to craft now! Pinterest has so many great ideas for crafting and I definitely need to make one of those earring holders!

Well done, friend!!

Kai.Mercado. said...

oh i absolutely LOVE all of these! I wish I was more crafty...

The Life of Susan said...

everything looks awesome! way to go girl! i desperately need to clean out my craft room so i can be creative again!

Casey said...

Um, hai. You're like Martha Stewart. Im terrible at projects....So impressed.

I think i might just have to do the cheese grater one, what a great idea!

Katie @ Loves of Life said...

The heart maps? DYING of the cuteness of that. And that earring holder is GENIUS.

Mrs. Mama said...

okay. you're putting me to shame. you are a craft goddess!!

i ADORE that heart wreath! need one NOW!

Katie said...

I love the wreath!! And I so need to make that heart map-- it's super cute! :)

Jenni said...

I love how you wreath turned out! Love seeing how someone else puts a spin on an idea and I must say, the pearl pins were a nice touch for sure! Thanks for the linky love-glad I was able to be helpful!!

Lauren said...

Just found your blog thanks to the link up! :) Your crafts are SO cute!

New follower! :)

xo

Jen said...

Such a cute wreath!! I love all your projects!

Steph@ Living The Young Life said...

cute crafts i may just try these!!

Renee said...

OMG! Rach, you are crafting like crazy! I'm loving it! And I really want to make those map hearts! Where did you find the maps?

Renee said...

Oh and I need your pinterest link! So I can stalk you. Please and thanks!

Shane said...

I am loving these festive DIY projects! Wish I was craftier to pull some of them off :)

xo Shane
shaneprather.blogspot.com

Katie said...

just found you from mingle monday! I would LOVE craft nights with girlfriends! I need to start one. :)

Jacque said...

Stopping by from Life of Meg and I LOVE that Valentine wreath!! I think it's pretty awesome you and your friends have craft dates! I need to find friends like that!

Michelle said...

I work 12 hour shifts too, the extra days off really make a difference. I'm always looking for crafts to do to fill my time, I really want to try that heart wreath you made. It's really cute.

Sar said...

These turned out great! My favorite is the wreath...so creative!

Nasreen said...

Love the wreath :)

Stopping by from Life of Meg's Mingle Monday.

witha said...

Hi I'm from Mingle Monday. Followed your blog, please follow mine. I'm new to blogging anyway.. :D

Hungry For Living said...

New follower from the hop, hope you come by and want to follow too!! that earing holder idea is quite unique
http://hungryforliving.blogspot.com/

Shalyn said...

I am in love with all of these, especially the heart maps- 3 minutes and easy is something I can definitely handle:-) Happy mingle Monday!

Kara said...

Hello from Mingle Monday!

That heart map frame is the cutest thing EVER. Definitely going to make it sometime.

Thanks for the great idea! :)

Jess said...

Hi from Mingle Monday! I love the wreath idea! When I got married last year, my friend made us an L wreath to represent my new last name and I loved it. I used silk flowers for our wedding and am having her help me make a few wreaths using those since I had no idea what else to do with all of them. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...